Thursday, June 30, 2022

A Child's Prayer

I want a home
by Harmonie Roy

She has she
and he has he
But I have none,
none, but me.

I want a home
for my own.
And a family,
just for me.

But, alas,
I've been pushed and torn.
I've gone from home to home,
But, I guess I don't belong.

I call to my Maker,
I call to His name.
But, He doesn't answer,
So, I don't belong.

I grope one last time,
reaching for a hand.
If no one comes, then
I'll fall to no end.

Maybe a hand will shoot out
from the dark gray fog,
A hand might link onto my hand
And guide me to a distant land.


He is There
by Xiomara Roy

She has she
and he has he
if nothing else
you have me

Stuck in a house
with so many faces
so much commotion
and few quiet places

Pushed, poked
torn apart
quiet longing
for something more

Prayers sent, pleading to heaven
but there seems an iron curtain
Heavy, imposing, a mental block
leaving you lonely and lost

Patience, Patience
Peace, my child
wait on His timing
and Father will answer

You grope almost blindly
searching for help
reach just a little more
grasp the iron rod

I know life is hard
and it sucks to feel lonely
but trust me when I say
He always is watching

He loves you, you're precious
worth more than you know
You've got a fire, His light,
Burning deep in your soul

Trust Him, don't waver
Remember your purpose
I love you, He loves you
You're precious and worth it


You Have a Home
by Mom

She has she
and he has he
You have a home.
Just look and see.

Remember the love
and the light and the joy.
Stop looking beyond
all God has given you.

The books you read
have distorted your view.
They weave lives
not lived in reality.

What God offers
is worth more than gold.
But the world is enticing
and we may lose our way.

Jesus is mindful.
He wants to help.
But when you turn away,
there's not much He can do.

Trust in the plan.
The plan of salvation.
He wants to bring you home
but it requires your effort.

Be faithful, diligent, 
honest, and kind.
Jesus is your partner
so stay focused on Him.

The blessings of God
are eternal and glorious.
They are worth the struggle,
but they may be hard to see.

They aren't shiny, or earthly.
They require time and patience.
He will be with you
As you choose to follow Him.

Please don't let Satan
pull you into dark places.
You have a light to shine
if you'll only believe in yourself.

I love you 
so very much.
I'm sorry I struggle
to show it so you can feel it.

Be determined
as you continue to try
to follow your heart,
not the devils deceptions.

We are here for you.
Stop looking for others.
We want to be with you.
Join us on our journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment